I love to shop for new clothes for my closet. The feeling of getting a new cloth or accessory is inexplainable for me. So, I can’t wait to wear it or style it. However, shopping for clothes cost money. So, I have learnt several ways to shop for clothes even on a tight budget. Here are my top 5 tips on how to shop for clothes and where to buy cheap clothes on a tight budget.
These tips will come in handy if you need revamp your closet on a budget. Also, if you need shop for new clothes for yourself for several reasons. It could be due to seasonal changes ( Autumn/Winter/Summer shopping) or body changes ( weight gain or loss). This year I lose a few pounds and most of my clothes do not fit as much. So, I had shop for new clothes too even on tight budget.
Table of Contents
Where to buy cheap clothes?
I love to invest in quality clothes. However, for trendy pieces, I’d rather buy budget friendly options that will last. Also, who needs expensive clothes when you can get quality clothes at affordable prices. Here are my tips and best places to buy cheap clothes online.
Shop for what need
One of the best ways on how to shop for clothes on a budget is to shop for only what you need. It is impossible to scroll through Instagram without seeing new trends to jump on. The sad thing about shopping trends is that they are volatile.
What is on trend this season may go out of trend in no time. So, it is just advisable to only what for clothes you actually need. Also, you can go through your closet for pieces you can style in your closet. You can also read my post style hacks you need to know in 2021. If you must shop, check your closet for what you really need to shop.
So, if you are shopping you already have an idea of you need to shop. For example, you need more bottoms for you tops, shop that instead shopping random clothe for your closet.
Buy cheap clothes online
Another way on how to shop for clothes on a tight budget is to buy cheap clothes online. One way to do is to shop sales sections instead of paying full price. Where can I buy cheap clothes online? You can shop the 5 dollar store for trendy pieces for your closet on a budget.
These types of stores offers trendy and classic pieces on a budget. So, if you need to stock up your closet on a budget. Shop for cheap clothes online. This will help you save on shopping as well shop on a tight budget.
This option is also perfect for shopping seasonal fashion pieces too. So, if you need to refresh your closet or add new pieces on a tight budget, buy cheap clothes online.
Shop off season
One way to shop for clothes on a budget is to shop off season. Start shopping for summer clothes during winter. So many brands are either offering sales or doing clearance for these clothes. So, they sell them cheaper unlike during peak season.
Summer is that time that we go on holiday. So you will definitely need to shop sexy swimsuits for women for your closet. Who doesn’t love to show off their beach body? To save on these swimwear, shop them during winter or Autumn. You will get to shop it cheaper unlike during summer.
Go thrift shopping
I love to shop for thrift clothes. Another easy way to shop for clothes on a budget is to shop for thrift clothes. They are very affordable. Also, you can score name brands or high street fashion brands from thrift stores. It is one easy way on how to be fashionable on a low budget.
However, to shop thrift you need to pay attention to the clothes. Check very well for any fault or stains. Although some of the stains may be easily fixed. Like broken zips, loose seams etc. However, some of the fault may be too bad to fix. You can also read my ultimate guide to thrift shopping.
Shop more Basics
Basics are a must have for closet. Unlike Trendy pieces, they serve you for long time. So, shop on a tight budget, opt for more basics than trendy clothes.
You need basic likes tank tops, body suit, T-shirt, denim pants or shorts, etc. in your closet. These basics makes it super easy to dress up daily. So, you need more basics that can you longer in your closet than trendy clothes. Also, shopping basics help you reduce your need to constantly shop for clothes. So, if you are constantly on a tight budget, opt to shop for more basics for your closet.
Shop for sales
Another way on how to shop for clothes on a tight budget is to shop sales. One of such sales I would recommend is the black friday sales.
This is my favorite sales to buy every year. I start adding items on my wish list while awaiting the black Friday sales. You can shop for items in all categories during black Friday sales. Categories like fashion, accessories, gadgets etc.
Below I will share where to buy cheap clothes on a budget. These places are quite affordable and offer great quality for its price.
Best places to buy Cheap clothes online
The below are my favorite online fashion brands. Here are the my go to brand where to buy cheap clothes on a budget.
- Chicme: The best site to shop going out outfits, work clothes for women and casual outfits for women. Click here to buy clothes from Chicme. I will link some of my favorites to shop. Don’t sleep on this brand for work clothes.
- Zaful: The best brand to shop for travel outfits for women and wedding guest outfits for women.
- Meshki: This is another great place where to buy cheap clothes for women. They offer high end, quality outfits for women. You can shop for date night outfts for women, airport outfit ideas, lounge wear perfect as work from home outfits.
- Aliexpress: Although most may shy away from this brand, it a great brand where to buy cheap clothes for women. Aliexpress also offers great options of clothes for women, accessories and home improvement pieces. I love their back to work outfits especially the suit sets. Chic and classy.
- Everything5pounds: This is my go to UK fashion brand to buy affordable wardrobe must have for women. So, if you’re planning to refresh your closet, shop at Everything5ounds.
- Ego shoes UK: This is another UK fashion brand you can shop for the best designer dupes handbag for your closet. I also love this brand as they offer cute winter and fall outfits. This is perfect if you need to shop for transitional pieces especially if you’re moving to another country. I will link my best designer dupes handbags to shop. They are my go-to for latest designer handbag lookalikes or other accessories.
These tips helped me grow my wardrobe on a budget. Also, if you need where to buy cheap clothes on a budget, check any of the brands listed above. Feel free to comment other places to buy cheap clothes on a budget that you’ve shopped.
I am fashion and lifestyle blogger. My blog is where I share style tips, place to visit on budget and reviews of my fashion haul. I am an introvert and creative writing is where I express myself more.
For collaborations: [email protected]