GTCO fashion weekend is a yearly event I don’t miss. This year was no exception. If you’ve been following the Facebook page of GTCO, you will know that the hype this year was lot. And I must say GTCO fashion weekend 2023 was totally worth the hype.
The advert was everywhere from late October. When is GTCO fashion weekend? GTCO fashion weekend is typically in the month of November. And this year, it took place on 11-12 November 2023. If you don’t know what to wear for this event, GT bank has you covered.
There were fashion inspirations for fashion week by influencers and youtubers alike to follow. You can read my post on what to wear to Lagos fashion week for inspiration for your next attendance.
Table of Contents
GTCO fashion weekend, location.
The GTCO fashion weekend take places annually at the GT center, water corporation drive. This place is a few distance from the Oniru beach Lagos and Landmark beach Lagos.
So, if you need the great options of Lagos beach to visit, check out these beaches. I highly recommend Landmark beach because of its aesthetic and the beauty.
How do I get tickets for GTCO fashion weekend? This event is free to attend. So, it is super crowded and full. To have access to the runway shows and get good seats, stay close to the runway room.
Also, you can attended several master classes organized for aspiring fashion designers, entrepreneurs and content creators. These masterclasses are very insightful. You also a gift bag if you attend in time. The time for the event is typically between 10am to 10pm daily. Also, it is only for a weekend, Saturday to Sunday.
What to wear to GTCO fashion weekend
What to wear to fashion week depends on your personal style. You can choose to go big or go home. Also, you can choose to opt for model off duty looks like I did.
Below are some of the outfits options perfect for GTCO fashion weekend.
- Wide-leg pants and over-sized shirt: This is a relaxed yet chic outfit to wear for fashion week. All you need a high waisted wide leg pants and over-sized shirt. You can choose to dress it up with a pair of strappy heels. Also, you can opt to dress it down with a pair of sneakers or espadrilles.
- Dresses: A fun sun dress or floral dress is a great option to wear to fashion week. This is super fun and effortless. Add a large belt for extra. You can dress down your dress with a pair of sneakers or a pair of heels.
- Midi Skirt and Top: The latest fashion trend is all about midi to maxi skirt or dresses. A great option of outfit to wear to GTCO fashion weekend is to wear a midi skirt which can be denim or dressy. You can wear it with a crop top and shoulder handbag or a body suit. I love to match fitted tops with midi skirts. However, you can opt to wear over sized shirts with your midi skirt.
Favorite designers from GT fashion weekend 2023
The runway show is my favorite part of this event. I have attended so many master classes that I can’t count. So, I am all about the runway vibe and new designs. Generally the designs from this show features a lot of black , grey or white. Hence, it shows that 2024 fashion trends will be more of blacks and whites and anything neutral tones.
Below are my favorite Nigerian and black fashion designers you need to know.
- Ejiro Amos Tafiri
- Torlowei: This designs are super chic. One of her designs makes me want to rock jumpsuit even with the discomfort that comes with it. It comes with a scarf which I can totally do without.
- Lady maker presentation: My favorite look from her design is an off shoulder dress. I had to look the brand up online and the prices are in USD. I can’t relate to why Nigerian fashion brands charge in USD.
Feel free to comment the fashion week shows you love to attend in Lagos. There are so many to count from the Fashion finest Africa , African fashion week, Plus size fashion week, etc. Which is your favorite runway events to attend? Mine so far is the fashion finest Africa.
I am fashion and lifestyle blogger. My blog is where I share style tips, place to visit on budget and reviews of my fashion haul. I am an introvert and creative writing is where I express myself more.
For collaborations: [email protected]