Romanticizing world travel has almost become too easy. If you’re anything like us your feed is likely filled with dreamy travel photos, TikToks, and full-length videos. However, as a student, new grad, or anyone who is budget-conscious it can be challenging to make this dream a reality. There are so many instagrammable places to visit on a budget to get the picture-perfect picture or video for your socials.
While there are budget travel tips that many writers swear by. Also, there are side hustles that can help you earn quickly, yet one thing is certain. You can opt for a job you get paid to travel or focus on a side hustle to make money while traveling.
Also, picking the right destination(s) is essential to achieving that dreamy Instagram feed at an affordable cost. To get you started, we put together a list of the most Instagrammable places to visit on a budget.
First on our list of destinations is the country of Georgia. Georgia is a country located between Europe and Asia. This means you can get both the unique architecture common to Europe and the history of Asia. With such diversity, your Instagram feed will have posts that will capture the attention of your followers. As a lesser-known travel destination, fewer tourists will be in the background of your photos.
To get the dream-like feed, some recommendations to visit include:
- The Katshki column (a limestone monolith with a church perched on top)
- Orbeliani Baths in Tbilisi (known for its blue-tiled exterior and relaxing sulfur baths)
- The Clock Tower in Tbilisi’s center
- Uplistsikhe and Vardzia (cities in stone)
- Narikala Fortress (historic fort)
If these reasons weren’t convincing enough, travel in this location is also affordable, with an estimated 4.90 – 6.60 USD per meal and 9 – 12 USD for accommodations. You can also choose to book a group tour activity with the GetYourGuide tour group. They have fun activities you can do like a boat cruise, a day tour of Atlanta, a day trip to the beach, or a fun day at the Museum. Click here to book a fun activity in Georgia.
Also known as one of the best places to travel cheap as a student, Vietnam offers some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world. One of the best places to visit for scenic photos is the Mae Hong Son Loop which is a circular route that begins (and ends) in the city of Chiang Mai. This journey is best seen and most affordable by bike and offers some of the best mountain views in the country.
Some other Instagrammable locations in Vietnam include:
- Muong Hoa Valley (valley of rice fields and waterfalls)
- Sand dunes, Mui Ne (large expanses of red and white sand)
- Ma Pi Leng Pass (a stretch of road with rock formations)
Click here to book any of these tour activities in Vietnam. All these activities are budget friendly for any one visiting Vietnam. There are also tons of aesthetic restaurants in Ho Chi Minh that offer great photo ops! You need to dress for a great picture too. What to pack for travel and wear is also a major to get the best picture in this instagrammable place in Asia.
The estimated cost of visiting is 40 USD per day (based on approximately 9.50 USD on food, 6.75 USD on transportation, and 20 USD on accommodations). Although these numbers are not exact they can be a great place reference point to start creating your travel budget.
Next on our list of most Instagrammable places to visit on a budget is the island country of Sri Lanka. Most well-known for its cinnamon and being the pearl of the Indian Ocean, the country also offers beautiful scenic spots including:
- Temples of the Tooth Relic
- Nice arch bridge (a stone bridge with nine arches in the midst of lush greenery)
- Kandy Market (and any other local market)
- A knuckles mountain range (mountains that look like a clenched fist)
From its scenic shots to unique temples, your Instagram and bank account will thank you with an estimated spend of 36 USD a day. Click here to book fun tour activities in Sri Lanka.
Made famous by one of my favorite travel bloggers, @doyoutravel is Cuba. This Caribbean country offers unique charm with its vintage vehicles and pastel-colored buildings. For travelers looking for an aesthetic feed, with vintage flair, some of the best spots to check out include:
- Any of the streets in Old Havana (for the pastel-coloured buildings)
- Hamel Alley (colorful lane with local art)
- Valle de Vinales (a remote agricultural town with views of plantations and cliffs overlooking green valleys
- Havana rooftop views
To visit Cuba, travelers are suggested to plan for a spend of 40 to 60 USD per day for a budget trip or 70 to USD for a slightly more upscale experience. I also share my best tips on how to plan a vacation anywhere on a budget you’d find useful for your trip. So, if you’d be visiting Cuba one of the best instagrammable places to visit on a budget, click here to book exciting tour activities to make your trip fun.
One of my dream instagrammable places to visit on a budget is Turkey, which is fortunate since it is also one of the most affordable. The country is known for its warm Mediterranean climate which makes visiting the sandy beaches and Aegean coastline that much more enjoyable. To create your dream Turkey Instagram feed, Click here to book fun things to do in Turkey, some of the most notable photo spots include:
- The hot air balloons that fill the skies of Cappadocia (you can view these from any rooftop in the city)
- Pamukkale, Denizli (a town known for its thermal pools lining the hillside)
- Galata Tower, Istanbul (for unique architecture)
- The Blue Mosque (also located in Istanbul)
Turkey’s estimated spend is only 22 USD per day (broken down into 4 USD on meals, 2 USD on transportation, and the remainder on accommodations). You can also choose to opt for hotel alternatives to cut costs of accommodation while on vacation in Turkey.
Also, you can book several fun tour activities in Turkey to feed your
For more information about travel clothes for women, the best places to visit in Africa, Instagrammable places to visit on a budget in Northern London, and other travel tips, check out our other travel and destination posts.
Travel resources you need to plan your trip on a budget
- Book your flight tickets: Click here to find cheap flight tickets for your travel.
- How to find the cheapest hotel or last-minute vacation rentals: Click here to book your hotels for your last minute travel using Trivago.
- Hotel alternatives: If you’d prefer other hotel alternatives, click here to book a hostel for your last-minute trip.
- Don’t forget your insurance: One of the most important things you need for travel is insurance. As much as I am last minute planner, I take my insurance seriously. Click here to get your insurance ready for your trip using insubuy.
- Hop on vacation packages: Preplanned vacation packages take the stress off while going on a last-minute trip. These travel tours have done the work of getting the side attractions together for you. All you need to do is to join the group and have fun. Click here to book your last minute vacation packages on GetYourGuide.
- Earn Cashback on your last-minute travel deals: Sign up for WayAway plus membership for just $49.99. You earn cash back using this platform to book your last minute flight tickets, vacation packages, and vacation rentals. Use my code for Trendsenstylez for 10% off your membership sign-up.
Sarah Kordyban is a marketer in the IT space and a travel blogger for JetLagged Pals. It is a new travel community for budget travel tips.
When she isn’t traveling, you can find Sarah writing, trying out new restaurants, and dreaming about travel. Also, reading other blogs like this one!
Our socials are:
Feel free to comment on other instagrammable places to visit on a budget. Also, share some of the cheapest countries to visit around the world. For your flight, read my post on how to find the cheapest flight tickets anywhere in the world.